Thursday 11 June 2009

A Letter to James Purnell

Dear James,

I am the Labour Party. You have worked for it for over twenty years and I have for far longer. We know it owes me everything and it owes you nothing.

I have every right to say what I believe no matter what. I now believe your continued presence as MP makes a Conservative victory more, not less likely in Stalybridge & Hyde.

That would be disastrous for our constituency. This moment calls for stronger rules on accepting MPs from Blair, an active MP, better public relations, an open purse. It calls for a MP that measures itself by how it treats the poorest in society. Those are our values, not yours.

We therefore owe it to our constituency to give it a real choice. We need to show that we are prepared to fight to be a credible dictatorship and have the gaul to offer the same old shit.

I am therefore calling on you to stand aside to give our Party a fighting chance of winning. As such I am telling you to resign from being an MP and the Labour Party.

The Party was here long before you, and I want it to be here long after you have gone. I am doing the right thing by it.

I am the leadership and I am acting with anyone else. My actions are everyone's considered view and there's plenty more where that came from. If the consensus is that you should continue, then I will have no option but to burn your house down.

Fuck off and never come back.

Yours,
Roy Oldham Signature


Cllr. Roy Oldham CBE.
Executive Leader

No comments: